Texas Christian University has announced the renewal of the Transfer Chancellor’s Scholarship that will cover full tuition for up to three years. Last available in Fall 2009, the scholarship will be for students with at least 60 transferrable hours and applying to enroll at TCU beginning in Fall 2017. Up to four Chancellor’s awards will be given for entering transfer students each fall. In considering scholarship applications, emphasis will be placed on students’ academic profile, demonstrated leadership and community involvement.
Additional eligibility requirements for students include the following:
- Apply to enroll at TCU beginning Fall 2017
- Hold a transferrable minimum GPA of 3.85, plus at least 60 transferrable hours
- Complete transfer application by April 15, 2017, including transcripts, essay, two letters of recommendation and co-curricular/personal resume
- Submit final transcript by May 15, 2017 (or as soon as final grades are posted)
- Attend a required on-campus interview
Amanda Nickerson, director of transfer admission, said, “Texas Christian University has long recognized the benefits of attracting high-achieving transfer students, and the return of the Transfer Chancellor’s Scholarship is expected to increase transfer enrollment.
“In addition to the four Chancellor’s awards, qualified students may receive the Dean’s level scholarship of $20,000 per year for up to three years. There is no limit to the number of Dean’s awards available.”
Prospective students interested in the Transfer Chancellor’s Scholarship and other scholarship opportunities should visit the TCU Scholarship website.